Image Map

Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Re-cap

This weekend was the much needed mental rest that I needed for sure.

Friday after work, Keegan and I just hung out at the house, made dinner and watched some T.V.

Saturday we were up bright and early to drive to Tupelo which is about an hour and fifteen minutes from our house. I was more excited than Christmas morning to get going so I woke up around 8 a.m. After a quick breakfast, we were on our way! Our fist stop was Hobby Lobby (probably my favorite store) where we got a lot of items I needed for some wedding projects. Next we met up with our friends Becca and Lindsay (Lindsay is one of my bridesmaids) for some lunch at a local Chinese restaurant. All four of us went to Sam's and then we split up while the girls went shopping and Keegan and I went to look for barstools for the house. We went to 5 or 6 stores but came home empty handed. Barstools just don't seem to be very popular anymore (so if anyone has any ideas where to find quality barstools in the $100-$150 range, that would be awesome.) After our failed shopping trip, we headed over to Becca and Lindsay's house to hang out. We got to tour their new house and play with their dogs Shelby and Levi. We ended up going home around 9:30 completely exhausted after an awesome day. Just being with friends in a different city had such an effect on my mood. I came home so happy and mentally rested which is just what I needed.

Sunday, Keegan and I went to Lowe's and Wal*Mart to get a few things for the house including a new filing cabinet. We sorted out all of the random piles of paper that were covering our dining room and then decided that our dining room would become wedding central. I moved in all of the stuff we have for the wedding so far and then set out to work on a new project (which I may post about later.) We did some more general cleaning of the house and then found out that we could get internet from Keegan's Iphone if we put it in just the right spot in the window (I'll eventually write a post about our terrible time getting internet.)

Sunday night we decided to start doing P90X after two weeks of doing the 30 Day Shred. The Shred just wasn't doing much for me, so I decided to step up and try P90X. I was scared that it was going to be way too hard for me, but I ended up loving it. Granted we've only done the first night so my tune may change in a few weeks, but right now I feel like it's what I need to be doing for my Operation Lookin' Sexy. If we stick with it for the whole 90 days, we should be done with the program at the end of June which is when my dress should come in.

So that was my weekend! I feel so much better after seeing friends, just hanging out with Keegan, getting the house more put together and starting some more wedding projects.

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment