Image Map

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wedding Shower Conudrum

I have a wedding shower question. Usually I would go to any of my bridesmaids for help, but this involves my 'maids.

I love all of my girls, but each one of them is in a different state (except my two sisters who still live at home with my parents.) All of my girls (and Keegan's boys) will be getting into town for the wedding the day before so we can do the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner and our bachelor/bachelorette parties. I don't want to add on a wedding shower during that time too; it would just be too crazy.

The current "plan" for the wedding shower would be to have it the next time we'll be in Missouri, the Sunday after my sister's graduation on May 19. My girls are coming far and wide for my wedding (including Arizona, Mississippi and Illinois) and because of that, I would fee guilty about asking them to come out in May for the shower. I don't really have any girlfriends left in Missouri, I was always one to hang out with boys over girls, so the shower would basically be my mom's friends. I don't mind this, a lot of her friends have known me since I was little, but it does kind of hurt that I won't have any of my friends there.

So my questions are:
1. Should I send my bridesmaids an invitation for the shower knowing they won't be able to come, or do I not send one out so they don't feel guilty about not being able to come?

2. Should I even have a shower? Honestly I kind of see it as just another way for people to give us gifts but I don't really see the purpose of it besides that.

My biggest worry about all this is I don't want my bridesmaids to feel bad about not being able to come. I'm just so happy that they're willing to come all that way for my wedding, I don't want to burden them with the idea of trying to come to the shower as well. On the other hand, I don't want them to feel left out if I don't send them an invitation. Am I over thinking this?

1 comment:

  1. There was a huge snow storm the day of my shower and only 4 people showed up.. But it was still a lot of fun. I think everyone will understand why you had to do it then. And I don't think anyone will think you are leaving them our or asking to much. You could send out the invites to everyone just so they can have one, it's a nice thing to hang on the fridge :)

    ReplyDelete