Image Map

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Operation Lookin' Sexy

This is a post where I'm going to blatantly honest with myself. 

*Deep breath*

I need to really get my butt in gear for what I've named "Operation Lookin' Sexy" a.k.a. loosing weight for my wedding day.

I swam for the better part of 11 years, 6 days a week, at least 2.5 hours a day (some days it was 5 hours a day when I did doubles.) I was burning more calories that I could physically make myself eat, and even though I wasn't 100% pleased with how I looked, looking back, I was skinny.

Exhibit A: 
(That's me with the white tank top.)

I had to stop swimming in my last year of high school (I would say my senior year, but I graduated a year early. That's a whole 'nother story) due to a back injury that still plagues me to this day. I'd say I was about 150 lbs back then and about 5'4", 5'5" on a good day. Again, at the time, I still thought I had some pudge to loose, but looking back, I was skinny, and more importantly, healthy. 

Exhibit B:
(That's me in the green t-shirt.)

After not swimming for 6 years, I've gotten a little pudgy. Round. Flat out fat. I'm not happy with how I look and I know I'm not healthy. What better reason/excuse/motivator than my wedding day to start Operation Lookin' Sexy? My purely selfish reason: I want to make people's jaws drop on my wedding day. I want Keegan's friends to be jealous that he's marrying such a fox (I doubt that'll happen, but I can dream right?) And most of all, I want to be healthy again. I know that I won't get down to the size I was in high school because I won't be burning 5000 calories a day from exercising, but I just want to look better and be healthier. 

So my plan is to work out every day. I've seen great reviews about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred so I *ahem* got it and Keegan and I both did it on Monday. I was kind of scared because I had read that Jillian looked like she was going to rip your head off, but honestly, she was less scary than my swim coach, Megan (you didn't cross that lady unless you wanted her to yell at you for 15 minutes.) I got Keegan to do it with me  because he agrees that we both need to get into a healthier state. The workout was challenging, but do-able (honestly, I only did level 1, so I'll let you know how level 3 goes when I get there. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune.) Apparently Keegan was sore yesterday, but I wasn't hurting too bad. 

I was going to work out yesterday, but I had had a headache which I'm sure jumping jacks wasn't going to help, so I planned on doing my pilates video. However, it mysteriously disappeared from my computer so I went without working out last night. I'm going to for sure work out today even though I don't get off work til 9:30. I don't care how tired I am, I have to push myself to do that 20 minute work out. 

Keegan and I are eating better. Like I've said before, since we moved to the new house, we've eaten out like 3 times (1 for V-Day, 1 because we saw a friend's band play at a  restaurant, and 1 when we went to Birmingham to see Wicked this past weekend.) It's nice that there aren't restaurants on the way home to make it easier to get take-out for dinner instead of cooking at home. I'm eating oatmeal for breakfast every day (I'm usually not a breakfast eater,) and pretty much only drinking water all day. We did have some cranberry-grape and cranberry-cherry juice in the house for a few days, but it's gone now. We don't have snacky-foods in the house ever which is also great. 

We have to continue the trend of eating at home, working out every day and the weight should come off. I keep telling Keegan that even if it's just walking around our cul-de-sac, a little exercise is better than sitting on our butts on the couch. 

We're gonna do this. I don't want to set a goal for how much weight I want to lose by my wedding day because I don't want to be disappointed in myself for not hitting that goal. I just want to start this lifestyle. I know that I'm not going to be where I ultimately want to be for my wedding day, but it'll be a start. 

 So here's to going from this:

To this: 

Let's Do It!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl!! You can totally do it. I have a a almost identical post on our blog so I know how you feel. Keep it up with Jillian Michaels, she is awesome and those videos really work!

    ReplyDelete