Image Map

Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Funday

What better way to celebrate than a blog full of bullet points?
  • Today I'm like a kid before Christmas. Why do you ask? Late tonight two of Keegan's best friends (and one of their girlfriends) will be descending onto our house for the weekend. We haven't seen Brendan (Keegan's bestest best friend and his best man) since August and it was December when we last saw Matt. I am more than excited to see these boys and show off my new house, even though I'm sure they won't care. They're going to be getting in late tonight (like 1 a.m. late) and have to leave on Sunday so it'll be a short visit, but it'll be awesome none the less. 
  • Last night the tablecloths for the wedding were delivered. In case you don't remember, I got 19 tablecloths for $92.53! I was a little wary about them being shiny, but they turned out great.
See?

Now I just need to figure out what to put on them for centerpieces.
  • Apparently today is my birthday/Christmas! I work in an art gallery and one of the artists who had a show in the gallery during March gave me one of her paintings totally free! I'd post a picture, but I don't want anyone to try and pass off her work as their own. I'm excited to find a place in my house for it. 
  • On a slightly less enthusiastic note, I have a bone to pick with drivers that follow too closely to my car. I now live out in the county and the roads I drive on are narrow with no shoulders. Animals, especially deer, jump out in front of cars all the time and I'm so nervous a deer will jump out in front of my car when someone is following so close to my car that I can't see their front bumper. I just know that if I need to slam on my breaks for any reason that my car won't come out in one piece.
  • The Sears in our tiny town is going out of business. In one way it stinks because it's one less store to shop at, but in another way it's great because we've been able to get a lot of things we've needed for the house (like a hose) for 20-40% off. They've been "closing" for months now, but apparently they're really for sure closing now so things are starting to be 50% and more off. Tonight Keegan and I are going to go and see if there's anything else we need. I'm really hoping talk him into getting a treadmill or an elliptical for the house. I've had this urge to pick up running for the last few months but I'm not coordinated enough to run on our cul-de-sac of gravel and there's no way that I'm going to run on the county back roads with no shoulder, so the next best thing is a treadmill. Last time we checked they were only 40% off so I'm hoping they'll be knocked down again. 
  • I'm trying to be better about what we've been eating and drinking. Keegan and I don't keep soda in the house (unless we're having guests) but we have soda at work. Usually I have a can at lunch, but I'm trying to cut that out of my routine. I brought a water bottle to work today full of ice cold water that I've been sipping on all day. Hopefully if I have water near me, I won't feel the need to have a soda. 
  • We still don't have internet. Eventually, (maybe once the whole internet saga is resolved) I'll post about the craziness we've gone through. 
Anyways, that's about it for me. Tonight we're going to Sears, maybe some quick grocery shopping to get drinks for the boys and then a bit of last minute cleaning. This weekend is going to be full of fun and shenanigans and I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment