Image Map

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday Randoms

I lead such an exciting life that the things I do can't fill up an entire post by themselves....so I'm crunching them all into one so it looks like I actually do stuff.
  • First thing's first. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY MOMMY! I've been a horrible daughter and her present hasn't been bought yet, but it's the thought that counts....right?

  • I'm being mopey today because Keegan's traveling for work. Again. This time he's in Louisiana to visit a customer. I'm happy that he at least he skipped the trip to tiny-town Mexico, but it still sucks that he's gone. Due to both of us working until 8 last night, I only saw him for a total of 2 hours before we passed out. In those two hours we grabbed dinner, drove home in separate cars, he showered and then we went to bed. In reality I saw him for maybe an hour total. I know that this doesn't compare to people whose spouses are in the military or otherwise gone for months at a time, but when you see your fiancé for an hour a day when you live with him, it gets tired quick. I compare his job to a surgeon's. He's on call 24/7, works late nights and sometimes has to go in overnight/on the weekends when he wasn't scheduled. Don't get me wrong, I'm so thankful that he at least has a job that is allowing us to pay for a house and a wedding a year out of college, but I'd gladly give up some of that money to see him more.  
  • In less woe-is-me news, we finally have our sod. The landscapers came yesterday while I was working out in the morning and started laying it pretty quickly. I had to leave before they really got started and came home last night after dark so this morning was the first time I'd seen our house with a full lawn of grass. 
The grass is browner than the dirt that we had before, but it'll turn green eventually....right?
    •   My thighs are killing me today. Yesterday I did the P90X plyometrics workout for about 45 minutes total and oh.my.gosh. I can feel it today. I was a bit sore yesterday when I got home, but today I can barely walk. I feel like I'm waddling everywhere and stairs are a killer. I decided to let my body rest today, but I'll be up bright tomorrow morning with Tony getting my butt kicked.  
    • This weekend we're going to Tuscaloosa to do some serious shopping. I need to order my shoes from David's Bridal (which I hate doing, because I feel like they're the WalMart of the bridal world, but I can't find shoes anywhere else.) We also need to figure out wedding bands, go to Hobby Lobby for stuff for the wedding and I'm trying to talk Keegan into buying a Kindle. I have found so many books I want to read, but buying each of them would be more than buying the Kindle itself. That was my argument when I brought it up to him yesterday so we'll see what happens on Saturday. 
    • In other wedding news, I made a photo sharing site with Shutterfly so that our guests can upload pictures of the wedding. I made a card through Vista Print and got 250 of them for $10 including shipping. They were supposed to show up today, but I got home on Tuesday and they were waiting in my mailbox. Woohoo fast shipping!
    Obviously I put the password on the actual card, but I don't want internet creepers looking at our pictures.
    • In Operation Lookin' Sexy news....there's not much. Keegan and I both started out strong and were working out almost every night. Then Keegan started working longer hours. Then we both got sick. Basically when it comes down to it, I haven't lost more than a pound or two in a month. I got fed up with things and this week I decided to buck up and do better. I've started working out in the mornings so I can't think up an excuse by the end of the night. I've stopped drinking soda (except for the one with dinner last night) and I'm bringing a water bottle to work that I fill up at least twice. I've started buying more fruits and veggies. I'm eating a breakfast cookie and fruit for breakfast instead of sugar-coated oatmeal. I'm honestly trying. And I think I've lost a pound or two this week. It's hard to tell because my weight seems to fluctuate between 3 and 5 pounds a day. I'm thinking I should do a weekly weigh in so that I'm not discouraged when my weight fluctuates daily. At least I'm seriously trying again. I'm hoping to report more news in the next month. 

    Anyone have any healthy meals they want to share? I'm up for trying pretty much anything besides sea food. 

    2 comments:

    1. Get a crock pot if you don't have one. Take about 4 or 5 frozen chicken breasts and cover them with salsa. Any salsa will work but I like Pace Picante. Then set the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours. When you get home shred the chicken and put in taco shells or tortillas. It's sooo simple but it is fantastic and usually makes enough to eat all week or freeze. It also healhty :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. That sounds awesome. I'm *pretty sure* we have a crock pot, but it's probably one that was handed down from one of Keegan's Grandmas. We're hoping to get a new one for the wedding.

      ReplyDelete