Image Map

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend Recap*

*I really need to come up with a more interesting title...



Looking back on this weekend, it was much more productive than I thought it was going to be.

  • Friday, Keegan and I went to Sears, but all of their work out equipment had been sold except for a crappy looking bike and an elliptical that was still $1300. Boo. Guess I'm going to have to stick it out with P90X and Jillian Michaels. 
  • The visit with our friends was amazing. They got into town about 4:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and left about 2 Sunday afternoon, but it was totally worth it. We got to meet Brendan's new girlfriend and just hang out with the boys. There was some drinking, some pizza eating, some movie watching and just general hanging out. Perfect. 
  • Sunday after our friends left, Keegan and I got a hair cut. Unfortunately everything in this tiny town closes on Sundays so we were stuck with going to WalMart (who knew they had a hair salon?) We waited for over an hour and a half, but eventually we got it done. Surprisingly enough, they didn't do too bad of a job. I told the girl that I wanted my hair trimmed and layered which I normally do to thin out my thick hair. However, when I got home, I realized that I didn't need my hair thinned. The medications I was on made me lose so much of my hair that it's super thin now. Guess I'm going to have to work on getting it thick and healthy for the wedding. 
  • I am thisclose to having our invitations ready to print and assemble. I did two mock-ups on Sunday and Monday and they turned out well. I realized late last night that I don't have our wedding website or any information about our registries in the invitation so I'll have to make a new card with that information on it. Besides that, they're ready to go. I'm going to print out all of the cards this week and then have to wait until we go to Tuscaloosa or Tupelo this weekend so I can get a fancy paper cutter. There's no way I'm going to cut all of that paper by hand. 
  • I have started working out in the mornings. I realized that if I wait until I get home, wait for Keegan to get home and make dinner and then try to work out, I never do. Either I'm too tired, Keegan's too tired or we have too many errands to run after work. By doing it first thing when I get up, I have the most energy and can't come up with an excuse to get out of it. I was planning on doing my 30 Day Shred DVD this morning, but I couldn't get it to come up on our PS3. Instead, I did the P90X Ab Ripper segment. Not quite the workout I was hoping for, but it's something. I'll have to get Keegan to show me how to work his new-fangled fancy get up for the PS3 so I can get some quality time in with Jillian the rest of the week. 
  • We finally got my passport pictures taken and the application sent off. We went last weekend to get the pictures done, but they were cut to the incorrect size. I have to get a Canadian passport and the pictures have to be 2"x 2 3/4" instead of 2"x 2" like the American passports. We went in yesterday and had to argue with the photo girls about the size. I finally got it through their heads that I needed a different size and asked them to print out two larger photos for me that I cut down. Now everything is on its way to my parents house for my mom to sign off on and then it's off to the officials in Canada. Here's hoping everything works out this time *crosses fingers*
So overall, a pretty productive weekend. How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment