Image Map

Friday, March 30, 2012

Wedding Help Needed

I'm having a creative block. More specifically, a wedding block. For the life of me, I can't think of anything to do for our centerpieces. We're going to a town that has a Hobby Lobby and a Michael's tomorrow, so I would love to be able to think of something in time to get the supplies tomorrow. I don't want to do flowers because real ones are crazy expensive and fake ones can add up just as quickly.

In case you don't know/remember, we're having 12 round tables for our guests as well as a long head table for the wedding party. We're using these tablecloths:

(It's kind of hard to tell, but they're an emerald green)

I was thinking of doing a square of burlap on the round tables to distinguish where the centerpiece will be as well as a long burlap table runner for the head table. Similar to this:

Would the two fabrics be too weird together?

I'm planning on making these:


to go on the tables; probably three or four to a table since we have 60 LED candles to use. 

Besides that, I'm drawing a blank. We're trying the whole "sit with whoever you want" deal, so I can't spruce up the tables with table numbers. Like I said before, I don't want to do flowers, real or fake.

I feel like I need something with some weight to it to put in the middle and sprinkle the candles around but I can't think of anything.

I wanted to hang something from the rafters, but after looking at the space again, there's just so way. So I thought of mini-ones to put on the tables a la:

This is interesting: 

So is this (obviously not on rocks): 

Opinions?

  • As you can see, we're kinda looking for the outdoor, fall feel (even though our wedding is in August)
  • If it helps, we're going to have our favors and our photo cards at each place setting.
  • In a perfect world, the centerpieces would be DIY-able, mean something to us (another reason why flowers are out of the question) and on the cheaper side of things.
  • Unfortunately I don't think we can do the candles-in-water thing because we have to use battery powered LED candles. Fire is not allowed and I don't think batteries mix with water well. 
  • Keegan's mom has suggested mirrors, but I'm not a huge fan. I feel like they're kind of....ordinary? Like something you'd see in a large banquet hall wedding (not that that's a problem, they're just not for me.)

It's gotten to the point in the wedding where I'm getting stressed. We're down to the 4 month mark and I feel like I have so much to do. I'm still (generally) enjoying it, but the stress has increased lately.

Help?

No comments:

Post a Comment