Image Map

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Holy Crap We're Getting Married!"

That was basically the overarching theme of this past weekend. On the to-do list:

Buy Wedding Bands.....check!
Buy wedding shoes....check!
Start Invitations.....check!
Finish bouquet...check!
Buy things at Michael's to finish other wedding projects....check!
Make sure bridesmaid's buy their dresses.....check

Have bridesmaid drop out of wedding......unfortunately check

First on the list: we finally bought our wedding bands! Of course I forgot my camera at home today so you get internet pictures:

Mine

Keegan's
Source
(except his is the opposite of this one. Where it's dark, his is silver; where it's silver, his is dark)

He originally wanted this ring off of Etsy:
but he decided that he'd rather buy a ring that he could get fixed locally if something was wrong with it. This ring is titanium and rosewood with an inlay of carbon fiber. I really liked this ring, but I'm happy that he's happy with the one he got. (Fun fact, he told me yesterday that he's excited to get his ring. That made my heart melt.)

Kay was having a 10-50% off sale so we got both rings under $700 including a service plan for mine. After buying the rings, I promptly texted my mom a picture with the caption, "Holy crap we're getting married!" This weekend was definitely the weekend where things sunk in a bit more.

Next, wedding shoes! I knew I wanted green shoes to match our color scheme, but I couldn't find any that I liked in stores or on the internet. I've posted before about my shoe search and finally just gave up and decided to go to David's Bridal. I was against this originally because I feel like they're the WalMart of the wedding industry, but I had to do what I had to do. 

After a difficult decision between flats and heels, I finally decided to go with these:

which will be dyed in their dark green color called "Holly" which is the same color as the bridesmaid's dresses. Fun fact, I didn't cry when I bought my wedding dress, but I definitely teared up when we decided on these shoes. Don't ask me why, I just did. I'm not even a shoes person!

After a quick trip to Michaels to buy some supplies for random wedding things, we went home. I promptly started on the invitations and decided on the final layout and design (finally!) Sunday and Monday were spent cutting out pieces which will probably continue on for the rest of the week. Hopefully I can start assembling them this weekend. I want to have them out by the beginning of May since our guests only have until July 21 to reserve their hotel rooms.

I also finished my bouquet this weekend. Since January, it's looked like this:

(yes, those are asparagus ties holding it together.) This weekend the ties came off, the floral tape went on and it was wrapped with ribbon. Again, since I forgot my camera at home, I don't have pictures to show, but I'll try and put some up tomorrow.

My last bridesmaid bought her dress yesterday so we're all caught up on that front. She picked out the same dress as my sister which I'm fine with. What surprised me is we ordered my sister's dress in January and it still hasn't come in yet. However, when Sarah ordered her's yesterday, they said it would be in by June. I really really really hope it does come in by June and we don't have a naked bridesmaid walking down the aisle.

Unfortunately, one of my bridesmaids dropped out of the wedding yesterday. She started a new job at the end of last year and she's working almost as many hours as Keegan is. Pair that with some family problems and she just doesn't feel comfortable committing to the wedding. I had a feeling this was going to happen. She still hadn't bought her dress and had been hard to get a hold of for the last few months. It makes me sad that she won't be standing by my side on the big day because she was a main part of our engagement, but I hope she'll be able to make it as a guest.

Keegan and I talked about asking someone else to step in for her, but since we're only 4 months away, I'm afraid that person would feel like they're second rate because they didn't make the first cut, if that makes any sense. We're just going to have Sarah bring two guys down the aisle, her boyfriend and one of our good college friends. I'm a lot less stressed out and worried about this than I thought I'd be so all's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment