Image Map

Saturday, January 21, 2012

White Dresses and Red Eyes

Warning: This post has two items in it that really have nothing to do with each other besides the fact that they both occurred today and I didn't feel like writing two separate blog posts.

Anyways...
Today I dragged Keegan to a wedding convention in the next town over from ours. There really wasn't a point to us going since we're having our wedding back home in Missouri, but we figured we would go and see if we could win a honeymoon or other fun prizes. We didn't win anything, but it was still fun to have the vendors wheel-and-deal us and watch the fashion show. We met a very enthusiastic DJ that was willing to drive the 9 hours to Missouri for our wedding for only $700. I'm thinking we'll stick with the one we're currently looking at that'll DJ for us for $400 and not have to pay for his hotel room. I'm thankful that Keegan was willing to go with me since I'm pretty sure he was the only groom in the entire convention. It kind of made me sad to see all of the other girls with their moms and girl friends, though. That is one thing about planning a wedding from three states away from home that I've really hated. I've really missed doing all of things like this with my mom, sisters and bridesmaids. Those are the people that I should be squealing about dresses and colors with, not Keegan (who I'm sure could care less what color table runners we're going to have.) Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond thankful that he's willing to go to these things with me and listen to me ramble on about things like table runners, but honestly, I miss my mom. It sucks that I can't go through everything for my big day with her.


On a less whiny note, I think I've somehow gotten pink eye. I woke up this morning with the contact in my left eye bothering me, (yes I sleep with my contacts in, sue me) so I put a few eye drops in and didn't really think much of it. My eye kept bothering me as I was getting ready for the day, so I went and looked at it in the mirror. My eye was bright red, and wouldn't stop watering. I was stubborn though, and kept my contact in. We left to go to the post office and pick up some breakfast before heading over to the bridal convention, and on the way, the thought crossed my mind that I just might have pink eye. I called my dad just to see what he thought and he gave me a list of symptoms and what to do if I thought it was pink eye. We decided to drive back home so I could take my contacts out and put my glasses on for the rest of the day to see if the redness in my eye would go away. I was hoping that something had just gotten caught behind my contact and irritated my eye, but the redness hasn't gone away yet. It's only in my left eye so far and I'm hoping that it won't migrate to my right eye. My dad suggested that we go to the pharmacy to get some eye drops to stop the dreaded pink eye in its tracks, but we didn't make it to the pharmacy in time (they all close at 5 down here.) I'm just hoping that it magically goes away in my sleep, and if not, I'm going to be a bad employee and go to work tomorrow. It's only for four hours and I'm not in contact with anyone (I sit behind a desk at a computer and mumble "good morning" to happy church goers that are renting out our theater.) I know it's technically not the right thing to do since pink eye is contagious, but I felt really bad calling in 12 hours before my shift started. I don't have to go to work on Monday, so if I'm still suffering tomorrow, I'll try to make a doctor's appointment for Monday and get some antibiotics.

*Knock on wood* Here's to hoping I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment