Image Map

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Random Weekend Recap

I'm going to recap my weekend in bullet points because I'm just cool like that...

  • Friday we were supposed to get the address to our new house. We got the street name, but not the number because apparently "the numbers guy was sick." Worst.excuse.EVER
  • Friday night after work, Keegan and I went out to dinner with four guys from Keegan's work to the best burger joint in town, Mugshots. It was odd being the only girl, but I've always gotten along better with a group of guys than girls. Of course, when you get a bunch of co-workers together they talk about work, but after getting a few drinks in all of them, the topics of conversation slowly turned towards things that I could have some input on. Two of the guys that came along with us were from India, and it was interesting to see the differences in cultures. While the rest of the guys weren't afraid to let a few choice words slip, when one of them was telling a story that involved a curse word in Hindi, he whispered it like it was a big deal to say. When we asked him what the Hindi word meant in English, he got all embarrassed and whispered it even quieter. I like seeing how other people from different cultures were raised, it really interests me. I just wish I could ask more questions without seeming rude or nosy. 

  • Saturday I had to work from 9-5, but the gallery was quiet so I spent most of the time just catching up on blogs (I'm a bad employee.) After work, Keegan and I headed to Kroger to try and figure out what to make for dinner, but nothing seemed that appealing, so we tried to go to Applebee's next door. The students are definitely back in town and there was no parking anywhere (especially since three different trucks decided to park over the line and take up two spots each, one of my biggest pet peeves.) After trying a few more places, we ended up at Newk's which is a new restaurant that I hadn't heard of until we moved down here. It just opened over the summer and while it was super busy as well, we could at least find a parking spot and a table. 
  • After Newk's, we got Bop's which is the local favorite for ice cream. While not amazing like everyone says it is (I'd put it as the same level as Andy's frozen custard,) it was a nice weekend treat.
  • We went home with the intentions of packing up something in the house, but we ended up cuddling on the couch and watching "Tangled." I must say it's possibly the cutest animated movie I've seen since Wall-E which I LOVED. This wedding is messing with my emotions worse than a pregnant lady because I definitely teared up during the movie a few times. 
  • I also painted my nails for the first time in months. They're currently a dark purple undercoat with a white overcoat of that nail polish that "cracks." My mom got it for me as a stocking stuffer and while I would have probably picked a darker color, it was fun to use. I love having a job that doesn't mind me having crazy nails sometimes. 
  •  Sunday I had to work again, but only 8:30-12:30. We decided to take an impromptu trip to Tuscaloosa when I heard that one of my girlfriends back home had gotten 4 bras and like 5 pairs of undies from Victoria's Secret for just over $100. I've never had luck finding bras at VS, but I figured we should go just to look. Again, I didn't find anything. I swear, for a store that's supposed to carry all shapes and sizes, they certainly seem to cater to a select few. Anyways....
  • We ended up in a kitchen store called "Kitchen Connection" where Keegan got three dishers (or ice cream scoops, depends on who you talk to,) and a whisk. I must say, I've never been so excited about something for the kitchen. We're going to have well mixed and uniform cookies now!  
  • After wandering around the mall for a bit more, we drove over to Super Target (angels start singing.) I love this store more than words can say. I hope we get one closer than an hour and a half from us, and if we ever do, I'll never step foot into a WalMart again. As we walked by the cashiers, I head one of them tell a woman that she got a set of Pyrex bowls for $10.37. My ears perked up and I told Keegan we weren't allowed to leave without finding those bowls (we've been wanting a set for months, but they've always been too expensive.) We ended up finding the bowls and getting them for a little over $17.00 (we figured the lady had a Target card which gave her 5% off.) I also scored two bras (which were cheaper than VS even with their sale,) some undies, and socks which I desperately needed. I must say, the girls look good in a new bra (sorry Dad if you're reading this.) 

Our new bowls! 

Overall, it was a nice weekend. I was worried that with me working both days, I wouldn't have time to see Keegan, but we ended up being able to spend some quality time together. It's time like that that makes me so excited to marry him in just a few months ( 7 but who's counting?) Even though planning the wedding is stressful, it's beyond worth it to have a lifetime of cuddling with him.

P.S. the bullet points were supposed to make this post shorter, but I can't seem to NOT write a novel. Sorry 'bout that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment