Image Map

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I Hate Waiting

I hate this waiting game that we're playing. I'm getting so annoyed waiting on the builder and not getting any updates. We went to look at the house last Wednesday and our relator kept saying "look at all of the work he's done!" but after I went back and looked at the pictures I took the first time we looked at the house, very little has changed. Sure, he started on the fence, but I feel like that's something he could be working on while we're moving into the house. I'd rather he work on things inside so that we can move in and the house can be lived in. Apparently the builder said that he wanted to close by the 20th, but I highly doubt that's going to happen now. Our relator says its looking more like the end of the month. I'm glad we told our apartment complex that we'd be out by the end of February because there is no way we could have all of our stuff moved out by the end of January if we close on the 31st. I'm just getting more and more frustrated each day because I feel like my life is at a stand still. I'm itching at work to go home and pack up the apartment, but after the 45 minute drive home, I'm so worn out that all I want to do is eat dinner, watch some mindless T.V. and go to sleep. We packed up our Christmas tree over the weekend and that's the extent of the packing that's been done.

We were supposed to have our address by now, but again, that's been pushed back. Apparently (according to our relator) all our builder has to do is call 911 to find out our address (which I think is a strange way of doing things, but whatever.) Since we don't have our address yet, I can't send out our save the dates for the wedding because we don't have a return address. I feel like this is the one thing I could actually work on for the wedding, but again, I'm held up. They're all in their envelopes ready to be sent out, but we're waiting on the return address.

We also have to wait until we get our address to order our new appliances (fridge and washer/dryer.) Due to where Keegan works, he gets 30% off of a specific brand, but we have to order directly from the manufacturer to get the discount. Ordering from the manufacturer means it'll take 2-3 weeks to be delivered compared to the "next day delivery" we could get if we bought the appliances at Lowe's (but we'd spend $1000 more.) By the rate we're going, it looks like we'll be living for the first few weeks in our house without a washer/dryer or fridge.

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than thankful that we're able to buy a house 8 months out of college, but I just hate relying and waiting on other people. I'm definitely one of those get-it-done-yourself type of girls (I was never good at group projects in school) and playing this waiting game is wearing me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment