Image Map

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Roll Tide!

So I'm sure many bloggers are talking about this today, but I feel like I have to talk about the BCS game that was played between Alabama and LSU last night. I've never been a big football fan, but ever since moving down to our small town in Mississippi (with an SEC school at its heart,) football has suddenly become one of my past times. It's hard to not get sucked in when the town you're living in (and so many of the towns around you) have such pride in their school. On football weekends, our tiny town of about 24,000 people grows to about 80,000, and that's only because that's the max that can fit into the stadium. Keegan and I were invited to an Mississippi State (MSU) vs. LSU game early in our stay down here and I'll have to admit, it was fun! It's hard not to get excited about the game, even when your team gets its butt kicked. I'll be even more excited for this year's season because MY Tigers (University of Missouri - Columbia, otherwise known as Mizzou) officially signed onto the SEC last fall. Unfortunately they won't be playing anywhere near us, so I won't be able to go to a game, but it'll be fun to see how they play against teams like Alabama and LSU. I already have my Mizzou sticker and license plate on my car to ruffle the feathers of some fans around here hehehe.

Anyways, this post was supposed to be about the BCS Championship game. I personally wasn't cheering for either team since they're not my "home" team now, I was just excited to see how the game played out. It was an interesting game indeed. LSU was ranked first in the SEC and they didn't get one.single.point. Alabama played an almost perfect game with no penalties until the last 7ish minutes of the game. There has never been a shut out in a BCS game before last night and it's kind of cool to say that I watched a piece of history be made. After everything that the city of Alabama has gone through in the last year with the tornado, I'd say they deserved it.



Congratulations boys. Now just wait until next year when MY Tigers come and kick your butt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment