Image Map

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wedding Wednesdays

Will all the stress and craziness that a wedding brings, Wedding Wednesdays is something that I want to start doing now to give myself a place to vent about annoying caterers, post cute ideas that I'm thinking about using, and most of all, remind myself that even through the craziness, the ultimate goal at the end is totally worth it, and when that day comes, I'll be the happiest person alive. 

So without further adieu, my first Wedding Wednesday:

I honestly should stop drinking the tap water around here. I noticed a few months ago that when I would drink it  instead of our filtered water, I would have the strangest dreams. Not nightmares necessarily, but just really odd dreams. Well when we got back from our Christmas vacation in Missouri, we noticed our water pitcher had molded, and it took us a while to get to the local Wally World to get a replacement filter. This means that for the last week and a half or so, I've had to drink the wonderful tap water when I take my nightly pills. Enter crazy wedding dreams. 

Dream One
I'm at David's Bridal with a Facebook friend who in real life has just recently gotten engaged. Now, I'm not really close with this girl, so I don't know why my sub conscious decided to implant her into my dream, but whatever. Anyways, "FB friend" is busy trying on dresses while we all watch and all of a sudden a David's Bridal consultant comes over and tells me that my dress has arrived and I can try it on for my first fitting. Again, this is strange because I didn't buy my dress at David's Bridal. But, in the middle of "FB friend's" special time of trying on her dress, I get my butt up on a pedestal and start trying mine on again. And I HATE it. Everyone is telling me how good it looks on me, but I'm trying to convince them that I can't stand the dress. Maybe this is the small part of my heart wondering if I chose the right dress and freaking out that I can't see it again until June?

Dream Two: 
This one really makes NO sense to me whatsoever. I was in what looked almost like a grocery store in their flower shop and I *think* I was trying on dresses again. Anyways, there was a couple there that was also trying on dresses, and all of a sudden I realized they were some sort of animal. I think they were a panda, but I can't remember 100%. Why would  a panda need a wedding dress in a grocery store flower shop? Oi vey

Dream Three: 
This dream honestly has me a little freaked out. In real life, my dad is marrying Keegan and I, so in my dream, all three of us were up at the alter. For some reason or another, my wedding went down.the.drain in less that 2 minutes. Like everything you could think of went wrong all at once. Jump forward a few dream hours and it's nighttime. Apparently we were having a do-over and again, all three of us were up at the alter. Just when I think my dad is going to start the ceremony, he goes "Why am I trying this again, it didn't go right last time, and it won't go right this time. This just isn't going to work!" and walks away. Now this totally isn't like my dad at all, but I woke up with tears in my eyes. I guess it's every brides' worst dream to have everything go wrong on their wedding day, so naturally I'd have at least one dream of this happening right?

Now that we've had our water pitcher back up and running for a few days, I haven't had any more crazy wedding dreams, but I did have a wild dream about having kids last night. Let's wait a few more years before those start ok? 

No comments:

Post a Comment