Image Map

Thursday, January 26, 2012

TVT

Since I can't make a complete sentence/thought to save my life today, I figured I'd team up with Oak (who has actually now moved here) and do Thought Vomit Thursdays.


~ A guy that I knew in high school died yesterday. I don't know how or why yet, but it's hitting me harder than I thought it would. I knew Max, as in I knew of him, but we never actually sat down and had a conversation, so I don't know why the news of his death is hitting me as hard as it is. I guess seeing all of my friends who were close to him hurting and sad is what is making me upset the most.

~ In other news, we're closing on our house tomorrow. After stopping by the house last weekend, peeking in the windows and seeing that NOTHING had changed since the last time we saw the house, this week has been full of worrying about if the house was going to get done in time. Apparently our builder put in the mantle/marble work around the fireplace in a day (which makes me a bit wary, but whatever,) and has installed all of the appliances/faucets. He has also finished all of the landscaping (including 40 trees/bushes?!) except for the sod which will go in after we close. All of these things worry me because I thought the house had to be finished before the appraisal which was Tuesday, but it wasn't. I just hope our builder isn't cutting corners to get the house finished in time.

~ Good news about the house? Since we are the first one on our street, the builder wants us to have awesome curb appeal to bring other buyers in. That means we get more landscaping and a free mail box out of the deal. Yay for saving $250 on a mailbox!

~ It really irks me when I'm asked to design something at work, and my co-worker comes behind me and designs it over again. What was the point in me doing it in the first place? Just sayin'...

~ I had some delicious southern chicken n' dumplings soup today for lunch. I'm just not going to think about all of the salt I ingested because it would probably kill me.

~ If/when we do in fact close on the house tomorrow, that means we have until the end of February to be out of our apartment. I'm so glad that we told them that we were going to be leaving at the end of February instead of January like we originally planned because finishing the house took longer than we expected. However, we would like to be out of our crap-tastic apartment as soon as possible, so we were planning on moving next weekend. That means I have one week to pack up our entire apartment. Count 'em. One.Week. One week during which Keegan will be in Texas Tuesday and Wednesday. Awesome.

~ Again, if we close on the house tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday might be spent painting the dining room and our master bedroom. I don't think I can entertain guests or sleep in a baby blue room when the rest of my house is a camel color.

No comments:

Post a Comment