Image Map

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012: A Year in Review


I know it seems like everyone in the blogsphere is doing 2012 reviews, but this is more for me than for anyone else. If this kind of stuff doesn't float your boat, feel free to skip.

January 

We got the awesome news that we had officially purchased our first house

We sent out our Save the Dates for our August wedding

We got the keys for our house and picked out some appliances. 

February 

We moved into our new house

I linked up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama for our love story

March

I started posting some tutorials of the DIY things I was doing for our wedding including our Mr. and Mrs. signs and our cake picks

(Envious of my awesome photography skills? Thought so) 

I went off all of my medications for my headaches cold turkey. Still one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I also got paid in produce.  

April

We purchased our wedding bands (among other things) and had a bridesmaid drop out of the wedding. 

I *ahem* flipped shit about our lack of internet

For Valentine's Day, I surprised Keegan with tickets to see one of his favorite bands, Bela Fleck. In April, we finally went to the concert


May

I finally revealed our DIY wedding invitations and did a cost breakdown

I reflected about living in Mississippi for a year. 

June

I didn't have much to say in June. I wrote my dad a Father's Day post and started my wedding blog, Clover & Leaf.

July

I wrote up a birthday wish list since I'm apparently hard to shop for. I (surprisingly!) got almost everything I asked for, including the wall decal. It looks amazing above our bed.


I purchased my first new car, a Mazda CX-5. Keegan and I both agree that this was one of the best decisions we made during 2012.


I like up again with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama for her Blogger 411 link-up. If you want a quick run-down of me, that's the best place to go. 

August

We got married

And went on our honeymoon, but I didn't end up posting about that. Too busy being married! 

I linked up with Becky again (what can I say? She hosts awesome link-ups!) for Show and Tell Monday: Wedding Edition. This post goes into more detail about our engagement, wedding, and a bit about the honeymoon. 

September 

Exactly one month after our wedding, I found out I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I spent the month trying to get used to my new diet and medications which resulted in less posting. 

October

I started a new blog, Baby Makin', as a way to document our journey to having children and in hopes that some day I can help another woman who is dealing with PCOS/infertility.  

As part of Keegan's wedding present, we went to Crusin' the Coast along the coast of Mississippi. He was in car heaven. It was also my first time in an ocean. 





November 

Once again, I liked up with Becky, this time for Woman Connect '12, a way for women bloggers to really open up and hopefully connect with others. 

December

I vent about not being able to find pants despite my 15 pound weight loss. (By the way, I still haven't found new jeans.) 

I blogged about the unimaginable tragedy that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School as well as participated in the Blogger Day of Silence


I talked about our first Christmas in Mississippi and how different it was from Christmases past. 



All in all, 2012 was a pretty awesome year. With a new house, new car, and new husband, 2013 has huge shoes to fill. Maybe it'll bring a new addition to the family?

Happy New Years everyone! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment