Image Map

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Home Sweet Home vol. 2

Sorry I've been a bit MIA from the blog world lately. This last week was full of us trying to pack our apartment while Keegan was out of town for two days and I had to work late the next two. I took off work Friday so that I could try to finish packing up the apartment. I also babysat Keegan's co-worker's daughter for about three hours while here mommy went out and had some much needed "me" time while she got her hair done. The baby is about two months old now, so really all I did was feed her a bottle and she passed out on me. She was such an easy baby to take care of and I think my baby fever has increased....

Anyways, back to packing. After I was done babysitting, I rushed to the post office to get our change-of-address forms and then headed back to the apartment. I unfortunately didn't get as much packed as I wanted before we went out to dinner with a bunch of guys from Keegan's work. One of his co-workers is going (well, went on Saturday) to India to get married. Apparently this was an arranged marriage (from what I've heard from Keegan's co-workers, but they could just be making fun of him.) I'm not sure if the couple will both be moving here, or if his new wife will stay in India. Certainly a different custom than what we have here in the Sates. We also had a friend, Ryan, come down Friday night from Missouri to help us move.

Saturday, bright and early in the morning, we had two of Keegan's co-workers plus our friend from MO help us pack up the U-Haul we rented and move 45 minutes away to our new house. We ended up having to make two trips because the U-Haul place didn't have the 24-foot truck we originally reserved so they ended up giving us only a 14-foot truck (we got the price and the price of the mileage knocked down though.) We started around 8 a.m. and finished around 4:30 p.m. after dropping off the truck. We took the guys out to dinner at our favorite burger joint and then Keegan, Ryan, and I headed back to the new house. Since we were all beat, the boys put together our bed, the bed Ryan slept in, and our couches and that's about it. We all showered, watched some Who's Line Is It Anyways, and passed out around 10.

It was a loooooooong day and I'm so sore (from bouncing the baby on Friday and moving boxes on Saturday,) but it was all worth it. All of my worries about the house pretty much melted away after seeing our furniture in it and it's starting to feel like it's ours. I don't think it has fully hit me that we own this house and we're not just renting another piece of property. There are a few bits and pieces left at the apartment that we need to pick up, and we need to clean the apartment, but we technically have it rented until the end of February, so we have some time. I think today we're going to Lowe's to get some curtains for the master bedroom because I was nicely woken up at 6 a.m. by the sun shining through our two huge windows and the door to our patio. I want to get some nice black out curtains so that I'm not woken up at 6 a.m. every day. Besides that, we just have a lot of unpacking to do. Our fridge and washer/dryer is getting delivered tomorrow, which I'm excited about. Our cable isn't going to be hooked up until Friday because they have to  run a new line to the house since we're on a new road, so I won't really have internet until then unless I steal Keegan's phone.

This post was basically me rambling about why I haven't been around lately, so I'm going to cut it off now before it gets any longer.

I hope everyone has a good Super Bowl Sunday and a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment