Image Map

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

This is the first Father's Day that I've been away from my dad, and honestly, it sucks. My mom sent me a picture of everyone out for dinner and it made me really sad that I couldn't be there.

My dad and I haven't had the easiest relationship (I once was an angsty teen like everyone else,) but ever since I went to college, I feel like our relationship has gotten so much stronger. I've realized how hard my dad works to provide for his family, even when he's feeling so crappy due to his illnesses. He doesn't let on how being sick has effected him which I know can't be easy to do.

I love my dad's corny jokes that he tells (I'm the only one who laughs at them,) and the way that we can talk about things that no one else seems to care about or understand, almost like our own little language.

I realize that I haven't always shown my dad how much I love, care, and respect him. Sometimes it's hard to let those feeling out, but I hope that he knows that he's my superhero. It amazes me how he can continue on living life as if nothing has changed even though I know he's hurting and not feeling well.

I know that some day, Keegan will be a great father to our future kids. I hope that they can also appreciate how wise and amazing their grandfather is.

I'm so excited that my dad will get to walk me down the aisle as well as marry Keegan and I. Not many girls can say that. I know that day will be extremely hard on both of my parents, but I'm so happy that my dad agreed to marry us. Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted my dad to marry me and my future husband (after I got past the fact that I couldn't marry my dad.) Getting through the ceremony is going to be so difficult with Keegan, my dad, and I crying throughout the entire thing, but it's going to be so special and be one of the most important days of my life. I will never forget the dance I will do with my dad. Those few moments will mean the world to me.

So dad, if you're reading this (which I'm sure you are,) I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for never giving up on me when I was an angsty teen. Thank you for supporting me throughout college even when I didn't make the best decisions. Thank you for supporting Keegan and I when we left the comforts of home and started our own family in Mississippi. Thank you for agreeing to walk me down the aisle and marry Keegan and I in just a few weeks. Most of all, thank you for always being there for me and supporting me and our family.

I love you

Love,
Ais

No comments:

Post a Comment