Image Map

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

411 Link Up With From Mrs. to Mama

I'm linking up with Becky at From Mrs. to Mama for the 411 about me. Copy the questions and tell everyone else the 411 on you! 



1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?

I've been blogging since July 2011. We had just moved from Missouri to Mississippi for Keegan's (my fiance's) job and I was lonely. I figured blogging would be a great way to try and connect with my family back home and get some of my feelings out about my new life. I've also added my wedding blog that keeps track of the trials, tribulations and excitement of wedding planning.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?




I am a proud Tiger from the University of Missouri - Columbia and I graduated in May, 2011. I studied Fine Arts with an emphasis in Fiber Arts. I also have two minors in Textile & Apparel Management and Art History. I decided to go to Mizzou mainly due to the fact that my dad is a professor there so I got 1/2 off tuition. Also, I just wasn't *quite* ready to leave my hometown when it came to going to college.

Keegan went to the University of Missouri - Rolla (about 1.5 hours away from Mizzou) and he majored in metallurgical engineering. We never actually lived in the same city until we moved in together when we moved to Mississippi!

3. Where have you traveled?
Honestly, not too many places. When I swam competitively, (did I mention I was a competitive swimmer for 11 years?) we would go to swim meets in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois on the weekends but not really do too much.

I was born in Canada, but moved to the States when I was about a year old, so for years we would drive back to Canada to see my extended family in the summer and winter.

Keegan and I went to to Gatlinburg, TN and the Smokey Mountains the summer of 2010 for a week with was awesome.

Living in Mississippi, we go to Tuscaloosa, Alabama quite often because it has one of the closest malls.

I've never been out of the country except for family visits in Canada, but going to Ireland, Scotland, England, and France are on my bucket list.

4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
Honestly, I would pay off our debts. I have a lot of student loans left over that I hate burdening Keegan, and our new family with. I'd also love to either pay off or make a big dent in the payments for our new house and my car. After being all responsible and stuff, I'd probably buy some clothes, shoes, stuff for the house and a new phone. I need a new phone, bad.

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
- Horrible customer service. Seriously, I was in retail for 3 years, no matter how crappy your day is going, there's no excuse to be rude to your customers.

- Bad drivers. No one, I mean no one, in the south seems to use their turn signal. Bugs the crap out of me.

- Putting extra letters in words they don't belong. It's Missouri, not Missour-ah. It's wash/Washington, not waRsh or WaRshington. It just irritates me beyond belief.

6. What is your favorite movie?
I'm going to be a total geek here and say Hackers. I first watched it when I was in junior high and I thought that Angelina Jolie was hot a total bad ass. Even though it's full of cheesy '90s graphics, I still love it.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
I've been trying to drink more water even though I don't really like it. I love Pepsi (although I can only get Coke down here,) and Naked Smoothies. I'd live off of Naked Smoothies if they weren't so expensive.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
I love to read. Since getting our Kindle, I've been reading more than I have in the last 4 years or so. It's nice to be able to read what I want to instead of text books for school. Computer games are a big part of my life (don't judge,) and I love to read/write blogs.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
That's a hard question. I'm not a big shopper (I haven't bought new jeans since we moved down here in May 2011,) but I'd probably say Target. They have cute clothes for cheap.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I have more embarrassing moments that I care to remember, but honestly, right now I can't recall a single one. Let me get back to you.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
This will sound cheesy, but the night Keegan proposed. We had spent all day looking for our future house, playing with puppies at his co-worker's apartment, and then had a fancy romantic dinner just the two of us (with dessert!) When he proposed, I was such a happy blubbering mess that I don't remember anything he said. I wish that I could go back in time with a photographer and videographer so that I could capture that moment forever.

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
No idea. Honestly I can't think of anyone.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
Lifeguard: age 15 to 21ish. This was my first "real" job and it taught me a lot. I'm definitely not afraid of yelling at random kids who are doing stupid things now.

Swim instructor: age 16-21ish. I was also a swim lesson instructor at the pool I was lifeguarding at. I loved this job. I taught ages 6 months to 6 years and it was the most rewarding thing to take a child who was afraid of the water and turn them into a fish that would swim on their own. Also, it meant I had less kids I needed to worry about saving.

Hot Topic: age 18-21. I had a love/hate relationship with this job. I loved it because it was super flexible, I was working with all of my friends, and honestly, it was easy. I hated it because it was retail. I had to deal with rude, stupid, complaining customers who thought they knew more about my job than I did. Also, I wasn't a fan of the bratty 15 year old who threw a shirt at my head when they didn't get their way (true story.)

Art Gallery: That's where I am now. Another love/hate relationship. I'm glad that I was able to find a job that used my degree. However, I'm really only doing receptionist work at the moment. Also, it's another customer service job which I'm starting to think that I'm not cut out to do. I really hate stupid ignorant people.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.

I'm going way back and showing baby pictures. I was maybe 2 or 3 here and totally had an afro. 

I think this is junior high. I'm the skinny one in the white tank top. Obviously this is when I was swimming for 5 hours a day and burning more calories than I could force myself to eat. 

College graduation. Kisses from Keegan and my sister. 

Engagement picture. 


15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
Ireland. It's somewhere I've wanted to go since I was little. My family has roots there and I love the culture. Also, I'd love to go to Scotland. There's a family house there that I'd love to see if I could turn it into a vacation getaway. Most people have beach houses, I'd have a Scotland house!

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you and your family.

Keegan and I on the engineer puck at Mizzou. 

At my college graduation. Almost the whole family. My littlest sister decided to skip out on my graduation. This is also one of the nicest family photos I can remember.

This is more like it. 
There'll be more family photos at my wedding I'm sure (17 days!)


17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Married. Hopefully with a child, or at least one on the way. A puppy, or two. I would say I would like to continue living in Mississippi only because I don't like the idea of moving again, but I would be much happier back in Missouri, closer to family. I'd also be ok with living in South Carolina on the coast. Just nowhere cold, winter and I are mortal enemies. If we do have a child, I've love to be a stay at home mom. If not, I hope to be working at a job that I enjoy. Overall, I just want to be happy with Keegan and whatever family we have at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment