Image Map

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday Randoms

  • This is going to sound strange, but I think you can tell what part of their life someone's in by what they pin on Pintrest. Examples: One of my friends is going to grad school so she pins organizational ideas, study tips and apartment decorating. Another one of my friends has a young child so her board are full of child tips, toddler crafts and how to make your own baby food. Lastly, another one of my friends has been in a serious relationship for a while and obviously hopes to get engaged soon by the fact she's pinning wedding ideas non-stop. However, no matter what part of life they're in, everyone seems to pin workout ideas and motivational sayings. I feel like that says something. 
  • The one thing I miss most about home (besides my friends/family and the awesome restaurants) is the sense of community. I loved running into someone I knew at the grocery store/Starbucks/on campus. I don't have that yet here. If I run into anyone, it's mostly patrons from the art gallery who honestly, I try and avoid like the plague. 
  • Apart from the whole getting married and seeing friends/family thing, the part of the wedding I'm looking forward to the most is the honeymoon. I need a vacation. Bad. 5 days held up in a cabin with my new husband in the mountains with no technology? Yes please. (Get your mind out of the gutter.) 
  • Having a summer camp at your place of work is really good birth control. It also reassures you why you didn't become a teacher in the first place. 
  • As much as I want a kid, it still weirds me out to know that some of my friends have kids. Not that they're bad parents, on the contrary, they're amazing parents. Its just strange to think that at 21, 22, 23 years old, some of my friends have kids. 
  • I'm turning 23 on Monday. For some strange reason, 23 seems so old, but Keegan turing 25 doesn't. I think I just have a thing about numbers. 
  • I'm honestly a little jealous of my friends who are going to grad school. Believe me, I don't want to deal with the tests, papers and writing a thesis. I'm just jealous that they don't have to "grow up" yet and get "real" job and pay for a mortgage, car and bills. I know I'm insanely lucky to have a house and car and bills at the age of 22, but sometimes, for a little while, I miss the carefree lifestyle of a college student. 
  • There are days, like today, that I just really miss Keegan. No matter how long I saw him yesterday or how long I'll see him tonight, I just miss him. I can't wait to snuggle up with him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment