Image Map

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Too Soon...An Update

On Monday, I wrote about how two young men tragically passed away while on duty overseas. It has come to the attention of Sterling's friends and family that the Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting his funeral. This flier has been circulating around and his friends and family have decided to make a human wall around the funeral home so that the WBC cannot protest. They will be wearing red to show their support for fallen soldiers and the local Boy Scout Troop will be lining the streets in respect. This is a time where I really wish that I could be home to show support for this fallen soldier and his family.

I hate the Westboro Baptist Church. It's not about religious differences, it's the fact that they have no respect for the pain and suffering that the families are going through. I just can't believe that a group of people can be so cruel and uncaring to a family that just lost a child.

I know that by posting this, it's just giving the WBC more publicity, something I'm sure they want, but I had to say something. I have heard of this happening in other states, but it's so different when it hits close to home.

I don't really know what else to say on the subject. I just hope that Sterling's funeral can happen peacefully and that the WBC will be deterred from coming. I hope that the friends, family, and even strangers that come out to show their support will give Sterling's family an idea of how much he was loved and how many lives he has touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment