Image Map

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday Tidbits

I promised myself as I got closer to the wedding I wouldn't stop blogging. Obviously that's gone well....

So to catch up on my life, here are some Thursday Tidbits in list form: 

  • My birthday was on Monday. 23 on the 23rd, otherwise known as my golden birthday. It was a pretty low-key birthday. I took the day off work, worked on some wedding stuff, Keegan came home 2 hours early and surprised me with flowers and took me out to dinner. He also bought me my swallow decal that was on my birthday list. I also managed to score another pair of my shoes from a Shoe Dept. in Tuscaloosa. They were originally $99 and I got them for $35. Win. 
I lurves it. 
  • Tomorrow (Friday) is my last day of work before the wedding. I took off next Monday and Tuesday, and then we leave late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning for Missouri. Holy crap! 
  • Somehow, instead of losing weight before the wedding, I've actually gained about 5 pounds. What happened to magically losing weight the weeks before your wedding due to stress? I haven't changed how I'm eating or not exercising, so I'm not sure where it came from. And no, I'm not pregnant. Just keepin' it real. 
  • I still don't have my wedding jewelry. Somehow, I'm not worried. 
  • However, I am scared about the drive to Missouri. I can just see it now: Me driving my newish car on a route I've never driven myself, Keegan driving his '71 Corvette, both of us in the dark. We're going to break down in the middle of Arkansas with no cell reception. I just know it. 
  • Still excited about my rehearsal dress. Getting more excited about my wedding dress. 
  • We've had a few last minute RSVPs (and a few people who still haven't RSVP'd.) I found out on Wednesday that my uncle on my dad's side is coming with one of my cousins. That brings my family count (not including my immediate family) up to ....6 I think. Out of 112. Oy vey. 
  • I'm ridiculously excited about our honeymoon. 5 nights in a cabin with a hot tub and heart jacuzzi tub? Yes please! I'm just not so excited about the drive from Missouri to Mississippi and then to Tennessee. It'll be a long couple of days. There's no way to celebrate being newlyweds like driving for 2 days, right? 
  • Sunday night, around midnight, we heard dogs fighting outside of our bedroom window. I wanted to go outside and break them up, but Keegan reassured me that they'd be ok. I told him I better not wake up to a dead dog on our lawn on my birthday. Guess what I woke up to.....
  • One of Keegan's interns turned 21 on Tuesday the 24th. He came in late to work on Wednesday because they were out until 2 a.m. drinking. I kind of miss those wild college days.  
  • We're getting married in 8 days. 
I'm going to try and update a few more times before the wedding, but with all that we have left to do and traveling, I'm sure it'll be light. I'll make sure to to a last post before the ring, though! 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment