Image Map

Saturday, October 8, 2011

!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo



I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!!


I'm so excited right now that I don't even know what to do with myself. Today seemed like a pretty normal day. Keegan and I were out most of the day with a relator looking at houses (that's another blog post entirely,) so we were in the city next to ours for most of the day. We hung out with a friend out there for a few hours, and then came back to our town for dinner. We had an amazing dinner at a restaurant called the Grill (who has amazing Snicker's pie by the way,) and then we came home. I hopped in the shower and then got in some comfy clothes. Keegan suggested that we go out for a drive, something that we like to do from time to time, and we drove out to a lake about fifteen minutes from our house. We parked the car, walked out onto the dock and started making small talk for a little bit under the moon and stars. All of a sudden, Keegan says "Hey Ais," and I turn around and he's on one knee. He pulls out a ring from his pocket and says "Will you marry me?" Of course, my hand flies to my mouth, I start crying and laughing and shaking all at once and I'm *pretty sure* I squeaked out "Yes!" I pulled Keegan off his knee, hugged him, and didn't let go for about 5 minutes. I don't think I can do the whole night justice, it truly was romantic under the stars on the water. I don't think I've ever seen Keegan so happy when I said yes and just hugged him.

Apparently while I was in the shower, Keegan called my mom's cell phone to try and get a hold of my dad. She said he was busy, but Keegan pressed upon her how important it was that he talk to him. My dad was apparently in the shower, so my mom went to go get him thinking something was wrong with me. I guess Keegan asked my dad for my hand in marriage while my dad was dripping wet from just getting out of the shower. Only in my family eh?

And here's the ring. Again, it doesn't do it justice, it is so much prettier in person.
 I'm pretty sure I'm just babbling now so I should sleep......or try to at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment