Image Map

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Topper For Our Cake?

A cake topper is a pretty traditional part of a wedding from the blogs and websites I've been frequenting lately. What does one do when you're not having a large cake to feed all of your guests but cupcakes instead? I've blogged previously about our cake sticks that will adorn the cupcakes given to our guests, but Keegan and I were planning on having a large cupcake or a small personal cake for us to cut and potentially smash in each other's faces (I really hope he doesn't do this to me, personal reminder to talk to him about this later.)

Anyways, the question I've been throwing around in my mind is, do we need a cake topper for our personal mini cake / huge cupcake?

In my search, I've found...
traditional cake toppers,
Some more...interesting cake toppers,
Initial / Monogram Cake Toppers
and some...funny toppers.

All images from here

Unfortunately I didn't find anything that screamed "us." If I was thinking more seriously about getting a cake topper, I'd probably look for one with Keegan's baby, something to do with Missouri (our home state,) or something else that better described us and our relationship.

Thankfully, a cake topper isn't too high on my to-do list. I honestly don't think we need one for our personal cake. I don't want to have to cut around plastic and unless I find something that's really "us" I doubt we'd keep it forever. Not getting one is just one more way to keep our wedding under budget which is something I love!

No comments:

Post a Comment