Image Map

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY Wedding: Bouquet

This past weekend, I finally finished a wedding project my subconscious has been berating me about for the last few weeks. Seriously, I had a dream that my bouquet wasn't done yet and I was frantically trying to finish it in the back of the church before I walked down the aisle. We're not even getting married in a church...

Anyways, to put my subconscious to rest, I got down to business and finished my bouquet. 

Since January, it's looked like this: 
tied together with asparagus ties with the tags still attached. 

We took off the asparagus ties and tags...
and then decided how long I wanted the stems to be. 

Keegan got his trusty tin snips...
And snipped every...
last...
stem. As you can tell, they were a bit hard to cut, but he did it. 

Perfect length for me since Keegan has monster hands.

Next, we wrapped the stems in floral tape and a cream ribbon. It helped that Keegan has had practice wrapping tennis rackets. He was so careful and made sure that everything lined up perfectly. 

Ta-da! One bouquet for under $30. The 7 or 8 stems of flowers were about $25 at Hobby Lobby, and then the floral tape and cream ribbon was under $5 total. 

I'm still on the hunt to add a locket to honor passed loved ones, but it's basically done! Now my subconscious can rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment