Image Map

Friday, April 20, 2012

Wedding Dreams Part 2

Remember this post where I recounted all of my crazy wedding dreams?

Well my subconscious has been at it again. Except instead of crazy wedding dreams, my nights have been filled with dreams of my ex-boyfriends and high school crushes.

Take last night for example.

I dreamed that my ex-boyfriend who I lived with before/while seeing Keegan (don't ask, it's a long story,) tried to kill me. He put me in a car and tried to run the car into a brick building.

Dream two was about my high school crush. For some reason, my dad and two sisters had tickets to see Dropkick Murphys and The Dubliners (note, Dropkick is one of my favorite bands, however I haven't listened to the Dubliners much at all. Where my subconscious got this idea, I don't know.) I don't think my dad or my sisters listen to this music so why we were going to a concert, I don't know.

Anyways, all of  sudden high school crush came into the picture and said he wanted to go to the concert with me. I told him that I didn't think my youngest sister wanted to go so I'd try to steal her ticket for him. We were in the car driving to the venue and in my dream I got those butterflies-in-my-stomach-I-think-you're-cute feelings that I had for this boy most of my high school years.

With my other wedding dreams, I figured my subconscious was trying to tell me that I was stressed about the wedding and not getting all of the details finished in time. With the latest bunch of dreams, I wondered at first if my subconscious was trying to tell me that deep down inside I'm not 100% sure about marring Keegan. After about a nanosecond of thinking that, I realized that I am 100% sure about marrying Keegan. Ex-boyfriends and high school crushes are a thing of the past for a reason. We weren't compatible in one way or another, but I needed to be with these boys so that I could understand what a good thing I have with Keegan. The bad that came out of those ex-romances has shown me all of the good that I have with Keegan.

I'm thinking these dreams are my subconscious' "fling before the ring." She's re-living the fun of being with a new person before being tied down with having to dream about babies, kitchen gadgets and other wifey things. I'll let her have her fun for a little while longer, but deep down inside I know that I've made the right decision. She just needs to get on the right page.

Any engaged or married women out there have dreams about their exs before tying the knot or do I just have an active imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment