Image Map

Monday, April 16, 2012

Ceremony & Reception Music Part I

Finding music for our wedding has honestly been one of the hardest things we've had to do. Don't get me wrong, we both love music of all genres, (remember this post?) but the kind of music we love and that have memories attached to them don't go over well for weddings. I'm all for non-traditional music for weddings, but I don't think this, this or this will work.

We've been playing with the idea of this song for our first dance. We both love Gaelic Storm and have fond memories attached to any and all of their music. The one thing that's holding us up? I'm not a brown-eyed girl. I don't want our family and friends thinking that Keegan is really in love with a brown-eyed girl.

I have a feeling we'll use this song anyways and we have a DJ who said he's willing to get the song for us so we're pretty much set on that front.

As for the ceremony music, that's a different story. I know that I don't want to walk down the aisle to "traditional" ceremony music. There will be no Cannon in D at my wedding. We're having one of our friends and his brother play the cello and viola respectively so we can have live music during the ceremony. With that said, any ceremony music we pick out has to be able to be translated to the cello and viola.

I've recently fallen in love with this song, but unfortunately our friend said it won't translate well since so much of the emotion is in the vocals.
By the way, what has he done with his hair? 

We told our friend to start learning this song for the processional, another one that I've fallen in love with.
I really like the lyrics to this song so I'm thinking I'll print them out in our programs so people will know them who aren't familiar with the song.

So now we have what we're walking down the aisle to, what about the rest of the music?

I have no idea.

Stay tuned for parts 2-whoknowshowmany to see what we decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment