Image Map

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years

As I sit in my parent's living room with Keegan and my parents watching some silly sitcom because nothing geared towards New Years is on, I think about 2011.

2011 was a year of a lot of changes in my life.
  • Graduating in May with my bachelors in Fine Art with two minors in art history and textile and apparel management
  • Moving to Mississippi two days after graduation with Keegan (this was a huge step for us because we had never lived in the same city our entire relationship)
  • Having to find and start a new job after having the same job after 3.5 years
  • Having to make new friends in a strange city (believe me, this was probably the hardest part of this last year)
  • Losing my grandma
  • Getting engaged!!!!!
  • Going back to Canada to see my extended family that I hadn't seen in over 7 years
  • Buying a new house!!!!
  • And I'm sure other things that I'm currently forgetting...(because we're watching the Big Bang Theory)
This past year has been insane to say the least, but I've loved every minute of it. Usually at this time of the year, I'm ready to forget the last year and start fresh with a new year, but I've actually really enjoyed 2011. I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for Keegan and I. I'm so excited to become Mrs. Wright (tehehe), to get totally settled into our new house, to maaaaybe get a puppy, and just start our own family. I'm excited to grow as a couple, to get to know each other's families better and to just enjoy being us. We're going to become more settled in our jobs, our friends and our new lives in Mississippi.

For the first time, I'm really excited to see what the new year has to bring.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment