Image Map

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy 24th Birthday, Birthday Boy!

Today is Keegan's 24th birthday, so in honor of that, I wanted to list 24 things about him that I love (if you're not into mushy stuff, I'd stop reading now.)

1. He is the most caring and thoughtful individual I know. Last week, he had to go to Huston, TX for business so I decided to decorate the apartment for his birthday and surprise him. Instead, he surprised me at the door with my favorite flowers and cheesecake!

2. He has the prettiest eyes and the most infectious smile. Seriously, no matter how bad of a mood I'm in, if he smiles, like really smiles, it instantly puts me in a better mood.
Look at that smile! 

3. He allows me to be silly and is silly with me. Sometimes I just need to let loose and act like a little kid and he'll totally do that with me with no second thoughts. 

See?

4. He'll push me to do things that really matter to me and give me the means to do them. This means so much to me, it's hard to put into words. 

5. He supports me both financially, mentally, and emotionally. Again, it's hard to explain how important this is to me. 

6. He puts a roof over my head and feeds me without really asking me to do much of anything. Even though I feel extremely guilty about not contributing to the family much right now, he doesn't ask for anything. 

7. On that note, he allows me to work at my dream job even though I'm not exactly raking in the dough. I'm so thankful that he's allowing me to work somewhere that I enjoy instead of somewhere that makes a lot of money. 

8.  He's one of the hardest workers I've ever seen besides my dad. 

9. Even though he works so hard, he always finds time to put some excitement into our lives ('71 Corvette anyone?)


10. He likes my family and my family likes him back. This was always something that I wanted when I found the one and I'm so glad that Keegan and my family have meshed so well, especially him and my dad. 

11. We are interested in many of the same things. While this makes making small talk easier, it also shows that we can connect on so many levels. 

12. While we are interested in many of the same things, we also have our different interests and I love how he allows me to be interested in my things without making fun of them. I also love how we're constantly learning from each other's interests and figuring out that we're interested in each other's interests as well. 

13. We both have the same goals for the future and can see reaching those goals with each other. 

14. He is patient with me, and believe me, that can be hard to do sometimes!

15. He's constantly teaching me new things and is a patient teacher. I love to learn, especially when it is something that he is also interested in, and I think it gives him some pride to be able to teach me something that he is knowledgeable about. 

16. He integrated me into his friends right from the beginning which made me feel really special. I understand that he needs his "boy time," but it means a lot to me that he's willing to let me hang out with his friends from time to time. I'd even call some of them my friends as well. 

17. He's honest with me. Whether it's about an ex-girlfriend or if a piece of clothing looks good on me, I know that I can always get an honest answer or opinion from him. If it wasn't so taboo, I'd take him wedding dress shopping with me. 

18. He's proud of me and likes to "show me off." He's the one who talked me into putting my artwork up around the apartment because he thought it was good enough. 

19. He's the best snuggler I've ever been with and that's something I need in my life.

20. We can be geeky together and it's ok. Lately we've been spending our nights watching "How It's Made" because we're cool like that. 

21. He's going to make an amazing father to our children, both furry and non (he said I can get a pet when we move into our house!)

22. He lets me dream big, and only takes me back down to earth when he absolutely has to. When that happens, he's extremely gentle about it. 

23. When I'm feeling sick (which has been almost all the time lately,) he's a wonderful caretaker. 

24. He loves me, for me. Enough said. 


Happy birthday, birthday boy. I hope that even though it's 8:08 and you're passed out on the couch, you've had a good birthday. You're and amazing guy and one that I'm so lucky to be marrying in just 8 short months. Even though our life together is just starting, I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment