Image Map

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Appreciation and Birthday

Sometimes it's just nice to be feel appreciated ya know? I love working at the arts council, and I they don't *need* to pay me to get me to stay, but sometimes it's just nice to know you're appreciated. My boss feeding my lunch everyday and her finding the money in the budget to pay me on Sundays has been really nice. Today though, one of the local radio DJs (VJs? what are they exactly?) came into the council and gave me a t-shirt and two movie passes just because he heard from my boss about how I basically work 40 hours a week for free. It was really nice that someone else had heard about what I've been doing and took the time out of their day to basically tell me thank you.


On a slightly related note, thanks to those two movie passes, I can now do something for Keegan's birthday on the 20th. Since I am only getting paid to work 4 hours on Sundays (and it has only been the last two Sundays,) I'm not exactly rolling in the dough. I also have to make my first two student loan payments this month so I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to be able to get him anything for his birthday or Christmas. I had a nice little surprise though. My last paycheck was higher than I thought it would be, so it looks like I'll be able to make my low student loan payment and get Keegan a birthday present. I know it's not about the material things in life, but I just felt really bad that I wasn't going to be able to get him anything for his birthday. With his birthday being so close to Christmas, I always want to make it special and not just lump it into the holiday. With this little extra cash, I'll be able to get him something small and maybe make him a cake. We'll see what happens, I'll post pictures with whatever we do so I don't spoil the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment