Image Map

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Excitement!

By this time tomorrow, we'll be in Columbia, sitting around my parents living room (if they haven't gone to bed yet,) having celebrated my sister's 18th birthday. I'm beyond excited to be back home with my family for basically a week and Keegan's family for a few days. As I've grown up, and even more this year, Christmas has become less about the presents and more about just being with my family. This is the first year that Keegan and I will be together for Christmas and the first year that he will be with my family for Christmas. Now that I think about it, it's also the first Christmas that I will be bringing a boy over to "stay" for Christmas, before all of my boyfriends have had their Christmas' with their families and we'd always celebrate together later.


The engagement ornament we got ourselves 


The engagement ornament my parents got us


I'm just honestly so excited to hang out with my family for the next week. There will be much wedding planning (I'm going dress shopping!), house planning (did I mention we go the house? I didn't? Well that'll be another post later on...) and just generally hanging out with the family. Bri, my middle sister has a swim meet next Friday which will be nice to see, it's been a while since I've seen her swim.

We're going to see Keegan's side of the family for Christmas dinner and for a few days afterwards. I'm extremely nervous because this is my first time meeting any of his extended family. We're going to be staying with his cousin Logan and his new fiancée so that we don't put any extra strain on his grandma, so I hope that I at least mesh with them well so it's not super awkward that I'm sleeping on their floor. I'm honestly really excited to see Keegan's brother. We haven't seen him in months and we don't get to talk to him often with him being a police officer and working random shifts, mostly the night shift. He also hasn't seen my engagement ring yet and I'm more than willing to show that off :P

I love giving presents more than I like receiving them, and I'm super excited about this year. I'm not going to say what I got everyone because I don't know who reads my blog, but I can't wait to see their faces. I love getting people things that they'd never think of asking for/getting for themselves.

Anyways, I should probably finish packing. I *think* I have all of my clothes packed, but I need to finish packing my wedding stuff to show my family the progress I've made so far as well as the presents.

I'm not sure when I'll be on here throughout the week, so I hope everyone's holidays are amazing and here's to a great 2012! 

No comments:

Post a Comment