Image Map

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Happy 18th Birthday Bri!

 *This was supposed to post on Christmas, and I thought I had it scheduled to do so, but apparently not. If anyone wants to guide me through scheduling a post correctly, that would be much appreciated.* 

My middle sister, Brianne, turned 18 today! She was  born on Christmas day in 1993 when I was just 5 years old. She wasn't supposed to be due until mid-January so my dad wanted to drive to Canada to see our extended family like we always did during Christmas. However, my mom had a sneaking suspicion that Bri would make her debut early, so we decided to stay home just in case. Thank goodness we did because after we opened presents, my mom's water broke! I'm not 100% sure of the details, but Brianne Elyse was born later that day after some complications (she had to be suctioned out so all of her first pictures were taken with a bow on top of her head (before that was fashionable) to hide the bruise.) I think the funniest story of all was that my mom's doctor walked into her room with a turkey leg because he had just come from Christmas dinner. Bri had great timing didn't she?

Anyways, Bri and I haven't always been close (I remember telling her she was the worst Christmas present I'd ever gotten once when we were little,) but as we've both grown older, we've gotten closer. She's graduating from high school this year and is going off to college! I can't believe she's going to be 18 this year. To me, she's always going to be my annoying 5 year old sister, but I guess I have to come to terms that she's growing up. She's going to be my maid of honor at my wedding in August and I'm unbelievably excited for that.

Now for some pictures: 

Baby Bri

I *think* this is when she was in junior high

Taking after her big sister and lifeguarding

Not the best picture of me, but she looks cute. At my college graduation in May '11. 

My favorite of her senior pictures. She's grown up to be a beautiful girl. 

So before I get too sappy, I just want to say that even though we haven't always gotten along, I'm so thankful that Bri was born on Christmas and became my Christmas present. She's grown up to be a smart, thoughtful,  beautiful girl with a great personality that's going to do amazing things in her life. I'm so happy that she's going to be my maid of honor and share that special day with me. I couldn't ask for a better middle sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment