Image Map

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter

Well there was ice on my windshield this morning, so I guess "winter" has finally hit the south. I must say, it's hard to believe when just on Thanksgiving (less than a week ago,) it was 65 and sunny out. We'll see if this chilly weather sticks around or if "winter" down here only lasts for a few days. Apparently last year down here actually got snow, but we all know last year was a freak year with most of the U.S. getting an absurd amount of snow (let's not forget I couldn't leave my house for over a week and Mizzou canceled school for three days in a row which has never happened. School hadn't been canceled since the Civil War and that was only for a day.) With the way the weather has been up until now, I highly doubt we're going to see snow down here any time soon.

With that in mind, it's been hard for me to get into the holiday spirit. I guess I've always equated snow (or at least cold weather) with the holidays, and since it's felt like spring break until yesterday, I haven't really been in the Christmas-y mood. Maybe if Keegan and I go shopping in one of the bigger cities this weekend and pick out a Christmas tree, it'll start feeling like Christmas? I've decided that I want us to pick out an ornament that describes our family each year so that our tree can be filled with memories, just like my family's was. My mom still puts up ornaments that I made when I was in pre-school, and I hope that some day, I'll be doing the same thing. I've been looking around for an "our first Christmas" ornament since this is the first year Keegan and I'll be spending Christmas together, and I hope I'll find one soon.


Maybe on the way home I'll put on some Trans-Siberian Orchestra (just about the only Christmas music I can stand anymore) and try to get into the holiday spirit. I think once I get around my family, that'll help a lot, I've been missing them a lot lately. Hopefully holidays away will get easier as time passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment