Image Map

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Tuesdays

Well, it's been a while since I've updated anything so this post will basically be a catch up on my life as of late.


  • The main reason I haven't blogged lately is because we still don't have internet at our house. It was supposed to be installed last Friday, but the company decided the ground was too wet. They rescheduled for tomorrow, (Wednesday,) but we've had rain for the last two days. If the ground was too wet last week after drying out for 4 days, I'm sure the ground will be too wet tomorrow after two days of heavy rain. 
  • Moving to our house has helped us in so many ways already. The house is closer for both of us to work which means we're saving on gas. Also, there really isn't a good place to stop and pick up dinner which we were doing all to often back at the apartment. We're cooked dinner for the last week (except one day,) which may not sound like such a big thing, but it's saving our wallets and our waistlines. I'm excited to see all of the dinners we'll come up with from now on. 
  • We're finally getting more and  more wedding things done. The move put a big halt on pretty much all things wedding related but now that we're settled, we're knocking things off the list again. I finished up the presents for our moms on Sunday and they should arrive by tomorrow! Our photographer gave us a "free" engagement session when we signed up with him, but we had already gotten engagement pictures done. We talked to him over the weekend and he agreed to allow us to do our "engagement session" the day after the wedding. We're bringing up Keegan's baby (a.k.a. his '71 Corvette) for the wedding and we're going to take pictures of us in our wedding garb the day after the wedding with the car. 
I think she'll be a pretty awesome backdrop/prop, don't you?

  • We're knocking off things that we need to get done in the house. Last night I convinced Keegan to install our towel racks in the master bathroom. We still haven't unpacked everything, but gosh darn it, we have towel racks in our bathroom. It's the little things right? 
  • Speaking of the house, we've had some problems already. Don't get me wrong, I love our house, and the problems we've been having aren't really with the house, but our builder, T. Since we have a 1 year builder's warranty on the house, we call T whenever we need something major fixed in the house. We've had to contact him about the dishwasher not being installed correctly, the gas line to our dryer not being installed, and our fireplace not being hooked up to the gas line. I feel like these are all things that he should have had done before we signed on the house which is why we call him to come and do them instead of doing them ourselves. 
  • Speaking of our fireplace, I honestly don't think we're going to be able to use it. Ever. It's a gas fireplace and every time we've tried to use it, it sets off our fire alarms. I don't really understand why since there isn't any smoke coming out of it, but no matter what we do with it, our fire alarm goes off. I guess we won't be able to use it unless we want the constant wailing of our fire alarm in the background. Anyone have any ideas/tips? I've never had a gas fireplace before so I'm at a total loss.
  • Back to wedding things, I'm freaking out. I'll admit it, I had a mini meltdown freakout on Saturday just looking at all of the things we have to do in 5 months and some odd days. We still don't have a caterer yet! I'm just so afraid that people are going to be booked for our wedding date and we'll have to serve everyone pizza (which wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but not quite what I had planned for my wedding.) 
  • I may or may not have started couponing. Don't worry, I promise I won't turn into one of those crazy couponing horders you see on T.V. I only get coupons for the items we will really use (and in the next 6 years.) We went to Kroger on Friday and I saved us $21. It's not a huge haul like what is shown on the shows, but it saved us money on what we were going to use that week and that's good enough for me. I also used coupons for the presents for our moms for the wedding, and I saved $44 as well as getting a free coupon to an online shoe store (which I'm not sure I'll use, but hey, it's still nice.) I'm pretty sure couponing will be something that I continue doing, but only for things that we will actually use. I don't need 400 rolls of paper towels, but I will get one or two for cheaper.
  • I was a bad fiancée and told Keegan what his Valentine's Day present was last Tuesday when I ordered it. I got him and I tickets to see Bela Fleck and the Flecktones on April 13. This is a concert he's wanted to see for years (or at least as long as I've known him,) and they are finally coming somewhat close to us. We're going to have to drive 3 hours to Germantown, TN (which I was told is near Memphis,) but it'll be worth it. We have a friend (one of Keegan's past co-workers,) who lives in Memphis which we haven't seen in a long time so I told Keegan that we should take the weekend and hang out with Zack and go down to Beale Street. 
  • Speaking of Valentine's Day, I keep bugging asking Keegan what we're doing today (if anything at all,) and he doesn't seem to be in the V-Day mood at all. He keeps telling me that he bought me a house for Valentine's Day (which technically isn't true since we signed on the house in January,) and that he doesn't want to do anything for the holiday. I'm not asking for an all out 5 course meal, but hey, a flower and some chocolates would be nice. I at least made him promise to go to the stores on Thursday and get cheap candy. (And before I get any grief about this, I realize V-Day isn't all about candy and flowers. I know that Keegan loves me (why else would he marry me?) and that I don't need a specific day to know this. It's just hard not to get a little jealous with everyone posting on FB about what their sweetheart got them. I love candy and chocolate too!) 
  • I've had to wear my claddagh ring that Keegan gave me for Christmas on the fourth finger of my left hand (with my engagement ring,) because my fourth finger on my right hand has been in a lot of pain since last night. I woke up from a nap (ssshhh don't tell Keegan, I was supposed to be unpacking the house,) with my finger hurting and I thought it was just one of those random pains I seem to get quite frequently. I thought my finger was a little swollen when I went to bed last night so Keegan suggested I wear my claddagh ring on my left hand just in case. I woke up this morning hoping my finger was going to feel better, but it's still as sore as last night and just as swollen. I have no idea what I did to it, I'm just the queen of the random pains. 
  • I've basically gone off all of my medications cold turkey. Between Walgreens no longer taking my insurance and us moving to a different city, I just didn't have time (or the drive, really,) to go fill my prescriptions at another pharmacy. So far, I haven't had any effects, positive or negative. I've had a headache pretty much every day, but that's normal; it's really the intensity of the headache that changes. Since I'm not seeing any effects showing that my medications were helping, I honestly don't think I'm going to go back on them (besides my birth control. I don't want any babies appearing this year.) The medications I was on are shown to cause birth defects, so I wanted to be on them before I even thought about starting a family to make sure they were completely out of my system. I'm sure they're not doing anything good for my liver either, and it'll save me about $40/month to not be on them. I think that I just need to figure out what helps with my headaches (which seems to change every day,) and just accept the fact that I'll have those days where my headaches are kicking my butt and I can't get off the couch all day.
Well this recap of my life lately definitely turned out longer than I expected, so if you read it all, congratulations!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! 

  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment