Image Map

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thought Vomit Thursday

I've been slacking on the blogging lately because packing up the house and work has taken up too much of my time. So you guys get a Thought Vomit Thursday post!

  • We move this Saturday. SATURDAY. As in two days away. Are we ready? Heck no! There are currently boxes throughout the apartment in different stages of being full. We still have so much to get packed and of course I had to work late yesterday (plus Keegan was out of town Tuesday and Wednesday), I have to work late tonight, and we have a dinner for Keegan's work tomorrow night. I'm thinking that we're just going to try and pack as much as we can Friday night and not sleep.
  • I've excited/scared/nervous/plus so many more emotions about moving into the new house. We went and looked through it last weekend and I kept finding little things I wish the builder had done (like actually taping the walls when they painted the molding so they didn't get the molding paint on our walls) and it makes me nervous. Are we truly ready for a house? We can't call a landlord to come and fix any maintenance problems, they all fall on us now. I think we'll be ok, but I'm still nervous. 
  • I've been feeling lonely lately (yes, poor me.) Our friend group has aged about 20 years since we've moved down here since we "hang out" with mostly Keegan's co-workers who were in college the year I was born. I don't mind it, honestly it's kind of a break from the crazy college life, but I still miss my friends from back home. I miss the inside jokes and the connections we had. So many of Keegan's friends became my own and it sucks that we can't see them more often. 
  • This year, St. Pats is on a weekend (if you don't know, Saint Patrick is the patron saint of engineers, so St. Pats was always considered a holiday at Keegan's engineering school. Really, they got days off of school leading up to St. Pats.) I'm really really really trying to convince Keegan that we need to drive back to Missouri for St. Pats. This will be the first time in the three years I've known Keegan, and in the 5 years he went to school there that we won't be in Missouri for St. Pats. It sucks that we won't be with friends for the holiday.
  • I realize I didn't do a Wedding Wednesday post yesterday. That's mostly because I had nothing to say wedding-wise. After we sent out the save-the-dates last week, all of my wedding stuff got packed up so I haven't had the opportunity (or time) to do much of anything else. All of my DIY projects have been put on hold and we're currently *ahem* negotiating with our caterer for food and booze. 
  • Speaking of caterers, ours wants to charge $15/gallon of lemonade or tea (and estimates that we need 7 gallons for the amount of people we're going to have.) Does anyone else find this ridiculous? I honestly think that we could find pretty pitchers, and buy a large amount of lemonade mix for cheaper. Any suggestions?
  • Also, for the wedding we have to figure out if we want to use bubbles or rice paper confetti for our grand exit. My first idea was to use sparklers since we're going to be leaving at night, but fire is strictly prohibited in the area unless it's in the grill pits (we can't even use candles, we have to use LED lights.) Anyways, I've seen both bubbles and confetti used for exits (I'm not a fan of rice or birdseed) but since we're leaving at night, I'm not sure which, if either, will show up in pictures. I emailed our photographer and he wasn't much help, so now I'm turning to blog world to see if anyone has any ideas or input. I'm definitely open to other ideas, I'm just at a loss for what to use. 
  • Apparently Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow today, so we'll have 6 more weeks of winter. If that's the case, bring on the 60-70 degree days we've been having! I don't think I've ever enjoyed winter this much. One perk of living in the South I guess. 
I realized after writing this that I probably could have written a Wedding Wednesday post just on those last two questions. Oh well. 


I don't know how much I'll be around this weekend because we're having a friend come down to help us move into our house. I hope everyone has a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment