Image Map

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Catch Up

This past week has been uber busy, which is one reason why I haven't posted.

Highlights: 

~ Keegan and I mowed and weed eated (weed ate?) our back lawn last Sunday. Don't make fun of me, but that was the first time I had ever used a lawn mower. When I lived at home, my dad always mowed the lawn, and then I lived in dorms/apartments until Keegan and I moved into our house in February. It was quite a work out, especially since it was still 97 degrees outside at 7 p.m.

~ On Friday, we went to a wedding of Keegan's co-workers. You can all about it here.

~ Yesterday (Saturday) Keegan's brother, Derek, showed up somewhat unexpectedly at our house. Derek, his girlfriend, girlfriend's brother, and his girlfriend (confused yet?) were driving from Missouri to Florida for a week vacation. Keegan told Derek that our house was only 15 minutes outside of their drive so they decided to drop in and see the house. Now, it would have been an extra 15 minutes if Derek had driven the way that we usually do. However, he went some backwards way which meant they drove more than an hour out of their way. They texted us at 6:30 saying they were about an hour away, but they didn't get in until 9:30. Apparently their GPS got lost. They were only able to stay for about 30 minutes, so we fed them breakfast and got them pointed in the correct direction. It was great seeing Derek since we haven't seen him since Christmas. It was also fun to finally meet his long term girlfriend.

~ Last night we had our annual fundraiser at work. I learned one thing from the whole experience. I'm no smoozer. I get extremely awkward around people who I know have money and are in a high position of power. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't have to talk to the mayor, I would have definitely said something stupid. Overall, it went well and I think we made our goal.

Basically my entire week was getting ready for our fundraiser last night, so now that it's done, work should go back to being quiet. Hopefully I can get a few more posts in next week, since I usually post at work....(shhhh.)


In case you didn't know, I've moved all of my wedding posts over to my new wedding blog Clover & Leaf. I figured it would be best to have them all in one place and not take over this blog with all of my wedding rambling. If you're still interested in how the wedding is going, head over there and catch up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment