Image Map

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Life Slump

Yes, I know I've been ignoring this little piece of the web lately. In my defense, my life isn't that exciting. Any updates involve the wedding and can all be found on my wedding centered blog, Clover and Leaf

Another reason I haven't had much to say is because I feel like I'm going through some kind of life slump. Commence my bitching list for the week:

~

I want to be freakin' married already. I'm honestly sick and tired of wedding planning. I don't understand how some couples do this engagement thing for 2+ years, 10 months has been way more than enough for us. 

After seeing my parents for approximately two hours this past weekend I've become immensely homesick. Don't ask me why. Maybe its because we're getting closer and closer to the wedding and I've become sentimental about everything, but I'm just really missing my family and Columbia which will always be home to me. 

I'm so sick and tired of the Mississippi heat. I hated the 90+ degree weather we got in Missouri, but this 105+ stuff has got to end. Let's just hope that I'm never preggers in the summer. I'll either kill someone or never come out of the house for 9 months. 

Both Keegan and I have been spending an absurd amount of hours at work which means that I get to see him for about 3 hours before we both pass out in bed. We're starting to feel more like roommates than soon-to-be husband and wife. We need a vacation. Bad. 

Speaking of vacations, we still don't know if/what/where we're honeymooning. Keegan's passport came in yesterday so he's free to go wherever, but mine still has yet to make an appearance (honestly I don't even know if it's been sent in. My mother conveniently fails to answer any of my texts about it.) 

Along with the fact that I just want this wedding thing to happen already, I've come down with a cast of the "I-want-to-please-everyones." Through this entire wedding process, I haven't asked many people for much. I have tried to be an easy going, laid back bride and take everything on myself so that no one else needs to stress. However, after small comment was made in passing over the weekend from Keegan's mom, I'm now worried that the small tasks that I have asked people to do are causing more stress than it's worth. Especially when I get an email from Keegan's mom that is starts with "My head is now spinning with wedding thoughts and what is my critical path for the next month." Sigh, so much for not stressing other people out.

My hair has been bugging the crap out of me. I don't know if it's the Mississippi heat/humidity or if it's just deciding to taunt me four weeks before my wedding, but it's become a curly, frizzy mess. And it has this way of hanging from my ponytail in just the right way that it tickles my neck/shoulders. I'm thisclose to chopping it off, but I know I need to wait until after the wedding. Sdjfajghj;aldgjaj

I believe wholeheartedly that our mail is getting lost. You can read about the entire saga here, but let's just say I'm not happy with our mail carrier right now. I need those RSVPs darn it! 

I'm so freaking tired of the political B.S. that has been filling my Facebook lately. Maybe I'd care more if I could vote, but I can't so I don't. Why can't we all be respectful of each other's feelings and opinions? Nothing bothers me more than someone who is closed minded and unwilling to listen to the other side of an issue. /rant. 

I wish I could stop thinking so much about the future. Honestly, I've been so wrapped up in wedding planning that I forgot my birthday is in a month (July 23 if you want to send me a present.) I've also been thinking about if/when we're going to have kids, where we're going to be living in a few years (especially when your soon to be hubby puts on his yearly evaluation that he's willing to live internationally,) and so much more. I've been having a really hard time just living in the present and being thankful for today. 

~

Basically this past week I've been a roller coaster of emotions. I go from excited that we're getting married in a month to holycrapwe'regettingmarriedinamonth I have so much to do!, to tearing up because I know that no matter how hard I try, I won't be able to make everyone happy, to not caring about what anyone thinks. Overall, however, I'm thankful that I have Keegan by my side no matter how hard life gets.


So that's the end of my rant. I promise to come around here more often with happier things to report. This week has just been rough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment