Image Map

Friday, June 29, 2012

I Really Need A Life


Friends, this is one of my browser windows currently on my desktop (yes I use Opera.) See all those little tabs at the top? Those are all blogs that are waiting to be read by moi. You see, I have a problem. When I'm reading through a blog, especially one that I'm reading through from the very beginning such as I Love You More Than Carrots, every time another blog is mentioned, I have to "right-click, open in new tab" so that I can go back and begin reading that blog. Does that make sense?

Example: Currently on ILYMTC (that is from July 8, 2011), AP mentions that she "admire[s] Jen for completing her 31 before 31 challenge and it got [her] thinking." And you see that friends? In that simple sentence is a link to Jen's blog. And what do I do? I "right-click, open in new tab" so that I can go and read Jen's blog after I'm caught up on ILYMTC.

I've done this over 51 times which is why my poor Opera is sucking all of the resources from my laptop and making it run slower than molasses in January. I'll continue to do this until I can't take it anymore and then I'll bookmark all of the blogs in my "to read" list and start again.

It's a bad habit, I know. I honestly don't understand why I feel the need to read ALL THE THINGS in the vast world of the interwebs, but I do. I guess I assume that if one of my favorite bloggers likes another blog, I'll like it too. Similar minds think alike right? Or I'm just crazy and can't leave a proverbial rock unturned. This probably explains why I had 100 tabs of WeddingBee opened before I decided I was sick and tired of all things wedding. Or the reason that it takes me so flippin' long to ever finish a video game because I couldn't possibly leave behind those cloth boots. Instead I'll make 10 million trips to town to sell everything a monster drops after I'm done hacking him to death (please someone get my lame attempt at a Diablo III reference.)

Anyone else feel like they need to read ALL THE THINGS? No just me? Well at least I'm open enough to share my crazies on the internet, right?




Oh bee-tee-dubs, ILYMTC has quickly turned into one of my favorite blogs. Run over to AP's little slice of the interwebs and read all about her amazingly adorable family. She's witty, funny and a great momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment