Image Map

Monday, August 29, 2011

You Never Know What You Have....

....until its gone. This seems to be the theme of my life lately.

All (well most of) my friends have gone back to school in the last month and I'm realizing how much I miss school. Don't get me wrong, I HATED the tests, lack of sleep, lack of food, no free time and the fact that I overworked myself way more than I should have. But I loved the opportunities I had. I never would have found weaving if it hadn't been for my fibers professor. I was able to immerse myself so deeply into the art world that I really didn't think of much else. I had opportunities to get into shows that I probably wouldn't have gotten into if it weren't for the school. I also miss the sense of community that you get when you're in school. And I'll say it again (I'm sure I'm starting to sound like a broken record,) but I miss my friends.

In other, and more uplifting news, Keegan and I went to a pretty awesome car show over the weekend. I got totally fried so now my chest looks like a lobster and if my mom found out, she'd kill me.We did see this beautiful 1950s El Camino, and now I'm very confused about which year I want. My dream car is an El Camino and I always thought I wanted a mid 1970s version, but this car made me re-think that. I think it'll all decide on what I can find/afford when the time comes.


And Friday, we're leaving to go to St. Louis for shenanigans with the Rolla group! To say I'm excited is an understatement. We've decided to go to the zoo and the city museum, both of which I haven't been to since I was in elementary school, so it should be a good week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment