Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

Fab Fridays 11.2.12





Today I'm linking up with Laura at Between the Lines for Fab Fridays

+ Halloween. I thought we weren't going to do anything (our neighborhood consists of our house and one other for the time being so we weren't expecting any kids,) but one of Keegan's co-workers invited us over to their house. It was a lot of fun hanging out with them, getting to know them better and passing out candy to all of the monsters and princesses that came to visit. I honestly can't wait to trick-or-treat with our future kiddos.

+ Friends. Lately we've been Skyping with some old friends from college. It's been really nice to catch up with everyone now that we're all over the country. It's also nice to have a conversation with people our age.

+ Babies/health. You can read the trouble I've had since my last appointment here. I'm feeling loads better, but cheese still makes me dry heave. One step at a time, right? Also, I've been able to hold/play/babysit a few adorable kids under the age of a year a few times this week which has made my heart happy.

+ Feelings. I had a mini freak-out last night about everything that's been going on. After some quiet reflection at a local lake, I went home and told Keegan all of the worries and emotions I've been feeling. He reassured me that he will be with me no matter what, even if I'm never able to give him a child of his own. I didn't realize how much I needed to hear that from him until he said it. I'm so lucky to have someone so strong and loving by my side.

 + Holidays. This time last year, I wasn't looking forward to the holidays at all. It was our first holiday season away from our families and I was feeling unbelievably home sick. This time around I'm excited! There's a possibility of friends coming down for Thanksgiving and the current plan is to have our families down here for Christmas (since neither one of us have many vacation days left because of the wedding.) I'm excited to decorate our house, show my family around our new town and not driving 9+ hours. Neither one of our families have seen our new house so I can't wait to show them!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Ours will be spent doing some shopping and enjoying the 80 degree weather. I'm still not used to the warm temperatures this late in the year!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to have reassurance from our spouse.

    I love the technology of skype. :)

    Visiting from Laura's Blog (Between The Lines).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from Laura's blog (Between the Lines).
    What sweet, encouraging words from your husband. ♥ Sometimes we just need to hear the words, even when we know the truth.

    ReplyDelete