Image Map

Friday, October 12, 2012

Fab Fridays


Today I'm linking up with Laura for Fab Fridays. This is my first time linking up but I'm hoping to make it a weekly thing! 

After the frustrations of last weekend (that kind of bled into this week,) I need something to remind me why my life is pretty kick-butt. My life is fabulous because: 

  • As soon as Keegan gets out of work, we're heading to the Mississippi Coast for Crusin' The Coast. 2 full days of sand, sun and cars (it's supposed to be 80 degrees!). This trip was Keegan's wedding present and he's been looking forward to it since August. I've been looking forward to it since May when I reserved our hotel room. Keeping it a secret until August was difficult to say the least! Unfortunately Keegan seems to have come down with a cold, but hopefully the sun and beautiful cars will kick it to the curb.
  • As of right now, there's a teeny tiny chance that we'll be hosting Christmas at our house. Due to the wedding and honeymoon, Keegan only has 2 vacation days left. That's not enough time to make the 9 hour drive home, see our families in Columbia and KC, and then drive back. Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to host Christmas at my house. I have visions of our families crowded around the Christmas tree in our living room with the fire going. Neither set of our parents have even seen our house yet and we've lived in it almost a year! The only problem is convincing Keegan's family to come down. They always visit Keegan's grandparents in KC for the holidays so convincing them to give that up this year will be difficult.  
  • After an impromptu visit to the grocery store on Wednesday, Keegan surprised me with three organic fruit leathers. He hid them in my purse so I'd have a surprise snack during work on Thursday. It really meant a lot to me that 1.) he would think of me and my new dietary needs while he was rushing around the grocery store and 2.) he knows me well enough to know that I love sweet surprises like that. If you're in the market for some awesome tasting fruit snacks, the raspberry and strawberry ones are delicious. I also have the apple one to try. (I was in no way compensated for this shout-out I just think they're yummy.
  • I jumped on the scale this morning (even though my doctor only wants me weighing in at appointments,) and so far, I've lost 7 pounds! Granted, I think our at home scale is a bit off so I'll wait until I'm at my next appointment to really celebrate, but it seems like this diet is working. It's difficult and a pain in the butt, but if it gets me pregnant, then I'm all for it. 
  • It's Friday! No matter what's going on in my life, that alone makes my week fabulous. 

Go link up with Laura and tell us what makes your Friday Fabulous! 



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss. Always a wonderful feeling no matter how big or small.

    Hope you have a fabulous weekend away!

    Visiting from Laura's (Between the lines).

    ReplyDelete